Yeti GOBOX Collection

Roaring Lion Two Years Later

This log jam in the old cedar grove makes a nice swimming hole.

0621181624.jpg

I know where the dogs will spend some time on hot afternoons this summer.

0621181631.jpg

How old is this big pine? Rings are so close you can hardly count them and it is 3 feet in diameter fourty feet up the trunk. Over 400 years for sure.

0621181655.jpg

Too bad you didn't get a chance to see Roaring Lion back in the 70's Paul. It was a great place before sub divisions, tree farms and fire. Bull elk and me preferred it then.

Too bad you didn't get a chance to see Roaring Lion back in the 70's Paul. It was a great place before sub divisions, tree farms and fire. Bull elk and me preferred it then.

Did you ever hunt elk in Roaring lion in the 70s, Tony? Bet not. I saw Rock Creek back in the 70s. It was fairly heavily used even back then. I'm sure the bitterroot wasn't much different.

Did you ever hunt elk in Roaring lion in the 70s, Tony? Bet not. I saw Rock Creek back in the 70s. It was fairly heavily used even back then. I'm sure the bitterroot wasn't much different.

Laffin. You would lose that bet Paul. Elk and whitetail. A good friend of mines grandparents owned all the low stuff that is now houses. We hunted that and all the way up. Use to call coyotes in the meadows below the Sawtooth trail that now you will never see. Some day when you waddle by the house stop in and I will show you pics of what it use to look like.

Speaking of bets, don't you still owe Buzz and Robert some beer?

Last edited:
Laffin. You would lose that bet Paul. Elk and whitetail. A good friend of mines grandparents owned all the low stuff that is now houses. We hunted that and all the way up. Use to call coyotes in the meadows below the Sawtooth trail that now you will never see. Some day when you waddle by the house stop in and I will show you pics of what it use to look like.

Post up some pics of the public wilderness land back in by the Idaho line if have some Tony. Bet there were some nice bulls in there and few hunters before they turned the woofs loose. Still are a few nice bulls, even with the woofs.

So Tony. How did your high school friend's family make their spread pay its way? Ran some cattle, selectively logged, maybe raised some honey bees?

0625180648.jpg

What provoked them to sell out from such a nice place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back