Montana General Deer

Welcome to the forum!

Always a good idea to contribute then consume.

Haha contribute to the forum not just do one thing to try to find some info. I like that hunt talk is focused on contribute before you get help. That's what I've done and the info received has been very good after a while.

Researching spots for big mulies and have come up with 317 as a hot spot for general deer. Any one hunt this unit? Any advice on where to start scouting?

I always spot giant non-typicals with heavy mass, right from the mill creek road. The area has a genetic trend for those bulbus looking drop tines.

4 deer over 200 is something else! Sounds like a great spot. I’m not sure even some of our best draw areas have hit those odds. Look forward to hearing about your success in the fall. Good luck!

If I knew of a general Montana deer unit that produced four 200 inch bucks in a couple years, there isn't anybody on planet Earth I'd share that with. mtmuley

Guess I know where to put in for in Montana next year, thanks for the heads up ! haha

Researching spots for big mulies and have come up with 317 as a hot spot for general deer. Any one hunt this unit? Any advice on where to start scouting?

Welcome aboard !
Dont worry about your unit ..we have Big Bucks in every unit here , you just have to put your boots on and hike your but off .
Best of luck to you in 317 this fall . When I talked to fish and game years ago they told me 312 was the unit !!
I think they just look at the time and give you a unit !!! Ha ha
One thing for sure you will have to work hard for your trophy no matter what anybody tells you !!
Time for you to get in shape , I promise you will be going very high to get the one !! Good Luck !!

I always spot giant non-typicals with heavy mass, right from the mill creek road. The area has a genetic trend for those bulbus looking drop tines.

I have figured out the secret to Greenhorns success. He has a time machine that can take him back to the 1960's.

Big Muleys + General tag + Montana = Good Luck!

Agree 100%, there are some nice bucks in Montana that can be had with a general tag but you will need to work your tail off for them and have some good luck. If someone has experience with 317 and knows it to have big bucks, I doubt they would give up "their" unit, especially in Montana! I'd take the info you got from the biologist and run with it, and start E-scouting.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back