Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado OTC question

michiganmike

Planning to go to Colorado for my first elk hunt. Question: Are the OTC licenses valid in only one GMU, or is it more of a general tag where I can travel around? Thanks in advance!
-Mike

Mike,

Colorado Over-The-Counter (OTC) Big Game Unlimited Licenses

These licenses are unlimited in number and available in a range of units and seasons. They go on sale at 9am on August 9.

There are unlimited OTC licenses for cow and either-sex archery elk, bull elk in the 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons, either -sex elk in the plains, either-sex archery pronghorn, and doe and either-sex whitetail deer. They are restricted to certain units and manners of take. If you buy a OTC tag, you are not restricted to specific unit. You can move from one OTC valid unit to another one at any time. You will have over 90 different OTC units within the western part of the state.

VR,
ColoradoHunter719
OTC_1.JPG

OTC_2.JPG

OTC_3.JPG

I think it was 92 last season. Pick the right one, that’s the hard part. We went 2-2. I had never been, but site and show mad us rock stars.

Ive been looking at a bunch of units, statistics and everything under the sun for CO OTC Archery elk. Driving myself crazy, I just need to pick a unit and go.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back