Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Stone Glacier

Gabenzeke

I know many on here use mystery ranch. And that was my first pack. No real complaints, it's a bombproof set up. I just never felt like it was perfect for my long torso and curved back. So I ordered a stone glacier x curve
Man, this thing has been life changing. Weight is weight, but this pack hugs the contour of my back and makes it feel like the weight is just part of my body. Can't wait to (hopefully) pack out a few animals this year!

Same boat for me! I tried several others and never felt comfortable. I’ve been extremely happy since switching to a SG.

I have an SG.
I know packs have adjustments but it's almost like boots. There is no perfect pack for everyone, just have to find what fits you.

I just got the 3300, and the adjustability of the SG is incredible. Have been going for walks with 50 pounds so far this spring and the pack is comfortable for me. I as well found the Xcurve a better fit than their new lighter frame they came out with.

My 5900 and Xcurve is the most comfortable pack I've ever owned unless I have 60+ pounds in it. With heavier weight my Kifaru was slightly more comfortable for me. But, it's much more comfortable (and lighter) for 95% of the time I'm wearing it, so it's a tradeoff I'll gladly make. I'm very happy with it. The load shelf for packing meat is just plain awesome.

Another SG fan here, put two elk hind quarters and the skull in mine last season and while I was doing Everest steps all the way to the truck and I felt every mile the next day I have to say it was a pretty comfortable load all things considered.

I am a happy SG owner as well. It just fit me better than the several others I had a chance to try. I think all of the upper end brands are incredible packs. For me it just came down to what fit me the best.

I love SG packs.

I currently have three, had five for a while so you can say I'm a fan.

Probably pick up another one here soon. I'm a pack slut. :)

Both myself and my wife run sg as well as a ton of buddies, can't say enough good things about their operation and gear would recommend them to anyone

Have an x-curve with a 5900 bag. Pretty comfortable, and works great once you figure out how to use all the buckles and whistles.

Pete is a great guy to deal with too. Been back and forth with him a couple times this week about their new tent. Decided to try theirs over a nallo and ordered one today, in fact.

I have a sky archer 6200. Soon to get the 6900. Stone glacier is the nicest pack I’ve ever worn. I’ve never tried a kifaru, so I can’t speak to them, but i hear they’re comparable.
The guys at Stone Glacier are about as good of people as you can find anywhere too.

I’ve also owned a Kuiu icon 5200 and a MR Marshall, as well as numerous lesser packs by badlands, Gregory, kelty etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back