Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

which .270 round for moose?

jae011

Taking my .270 moose hunting this year. British Columbia. What grain, make ect.? Thanks!

Any Nosler Part. or Accubond, Barnes TTSX or TSX, or the above mentioned Swift A-Frame in 140 or 150 grain that shoots well in your rifle will do the job.

I put mine down with a 140 TSX. My dad did the same the following year. Neither made it 20 yards. They were big bulls but didn’t seem all that tough compared to even a cow elk.

20150331_172326.jpg
This one shot pretty well in my rifle and runs way cheaper than Nosler still running an Accubond.

I am cheap and they shoot well out of my 270's so I shot my moose with Remington Core-Lokt 130 grain. He took 2 steps and tipped over. I don't think moose are very hard to kill with good shot placement.

I shot my moose with a 150 grain NP in a Federal factory load and it worked fine. Nowadays I would probably have 130 grain TTSX's for the same hunt, but there is nothing wrong at all with the Partition. Mine made it less than 50 yes and tipped over.

Your .270 is "enough gun" for the task and you just need to find the right bull. Have a great time in BC.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back