PEAX Equipment

Smart Phone

Elk Arrow

I'm looking to upgrade and was wondering what everyone recommends? I currently have an Iphone and not pleased.

Thought?

If you are moving to Android, check out the Note8. I have had Notes for several generations now. The large screen is a total plus, and once you learn to use the stylus, you will really like it.

Also fwiw, on OnX I get almost 2 days with it in the field.

I used to own a Samsung 4 until I found out that the iPhone has a better antenna which gives you better reception. I now own an iPhone, don't like it as much as my Samsung but it gives better reception in remote locations, which is my top priority. Just giving my 2 cents with my experience on cell phones and remote locations, also service provider is a big difference too.

I've got the Pixel 2 XL and it takes amazing photos especially through a spotting scope and according to texts (not mine personally) they say it has slightly better battery life than the Samsungs.

I prefer android to iOS, but one of the things I hate about android is the bloatware and OS skins on most devices. Since I'm not technically proficient enough to sideboot/flash a new ROM/root my device or whatever the hell you have to do to get a stock version of android, I've been using Nexus and Pixel devices for the last couple of upgrades. Currently I'm on the Pixel 2 and really like it.

I'm not happy with my battery life at all with the samsung galaxy (2 years old). I have to charge it 3 times a day now. It wasn't a whole lot better when it was new. I bought the samsung based on the great success I had with the galaxy s3. You could actually change the battery on that phone once it started to wear out.

If battery life is a concern I found this guide interesting...
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html

I really like my Galaxy S9. It is definitely smarter than me and takes incredible pics and vids. I can go 2 days on a charge. I would say only moderate actual phone use (work phone) but with a fair amount of texting, and I do listen to podcasts for my 2 hr round trip commute as well as some music throughout the day. The reception on my home turf is no better than the S5 that I upgraded from - but I credit that to the carrier and the terrain...

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back