Elk hunting utah

Lilflow1

I've been hunting elk in Utah for the past 8 years just got my wife and kids in the outdoors we started hunting a new area in Utah known as the north slope for Elk I was hopeful that someone on here could help me with some ideas on where in that unit is good it's a big unit willing to help with a public land mule deer hunt I've harvest some big bucks in Utah on general rifle season and can give some info to some honey hole areas that hold big bucks or hold alot of bucks for a public land youth hunt any help is much appreciated due to the fact I can't scout as much as I would like to anyone who reads this thank you for your time

First, welcome to the forum. It's always surprising the number of people that come to a forum asking for help without adding anything to the community then get mad when they are ignored.

Second, I have never met a hunter that will openly share a honey hole that has taken them years to find. I have hunted the north slope, but during the muzzleloader season; which changes A LOT depending on the weather. Have you tied some "e" scouting as Newberg often discusses to narrow down your world? There are some pretty good funnel corridors that the elk use during hunting season to move from public to private. With a little time on Google Earth those become fairly apparent.

Hopefully, we see you stick around the forum for a while. Hunttalk is a great place and some members are willing to share some amazing information once they get to know you. I know I have really benefited from sticking around

Last edited:
Utahminer

Thank you for your reply and you will be seeing me around often I have been e scouting in my off season time I have used my on x maps paired with Google maps and have found some decent area plus on last year's hunt there was a burn in the area

About giving up honey holes I've hunted deer in Utah since I was old enough to hunt my first hunt I harvested a 3 point buck that was 23 and 3/4" wide I have many mule deer trophys that's why I am willing to share my info on the public lands in Utah I still hunt deer but find myself passing up deer due to the fact my wife and kids don't like the taste of deer but they love elk so when I do harvest I'm the only one who eats the meat that being said is the reason. I am willing to share info on the units I know and the mule deer I have studied on some northern Utah units

Last edited:
Utahminer

Yes I am it's my off season time so it is easy to get the time off

First, welcome to the forum. It's always surprising the number of people that come to a forum asking for help without adding anything to the community then get mad when they are ignored.

Second, I have never met a hunter that will openly share a honey hole that has taken them years to find. I have hunted the north slope, but during the muzzleloader season; which changes A LOT depending on the weather. Have you tied some "e" scouting as Newberg often discusses to narrow down your world? There are some pretty good funnel corridors that the elk use during hunting season to move from public to private. With a little time on Google Earth those become fairly apparent.

Hopefully, we see you stick around the forum for a while. Hunttalk is a great place and some members are willing to share some amazing information once they get to know you. I know I have really benefited from sticking around

I'm pretty sure that you've given some decent guidance on where to start, if only one stops and thinks a bit about the funnel/movement part.

I lived in Utah a while ago. I hunted red cloud loop and could give you a good head start if you are interessted but it’s not technically north slope

Back