New Muzzleloader Options?

I've always hunted with a borrowed TC Encore but it's time for me to own one. This will primarily be a whitetail gun and I'd love to stretch it out to 300 with consistent groups. Would like to stick with a 50 caliber...

Rem 700 50 cal?
Another TC Encore 50 cal?

Please let me know what you have experience with and whether you'd recommend or not.

Thanks!

I own 3 muzzleloaders; two CVAs and a T/C Pro Hunter. All are .50s. The best fit for the criteria you describe, by far, would be the T/C Encore. Mine hold MOA groups all day long, out to 300 yards. It's not an economy option, but is definitely a keeper if you want that kind of precision.

20171221_215206_zpsdjjhhhc4.jpg

To be clear, CVAs are great guns. I own a Wolf that cost $200 and is a perfectly functional and reliable firearm; it just holds groups that are ~2" at 100 yards instead of .75-1.

I would also clarify that if you're hunting out West, the accuracy component at the ranges you mention is likely not as important. As stated before, much of the West does not allow magnified optics, and I'd never take a shot with irons past 150 or so.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back