Caribou Gear

Looking good this year

Richardbell

Things are looking pretty good this year. Had a nice mild winter and early spring moisture. Everything is green around here when it is usually brown. Seeing a much larger number of bucks than usual. A little help please, I can never get them to load right side up.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 766
How do you get them to stand upside down like that?

Love that country. Lots of places for a fella to get lost.

Do you happen to know how the populations are looking on the East side of WY? Never been out there and don't know what to expect, assuming I draw of course.

Do you happen to know how the populations are looking on the East side of WY? Never been out there and don't know what to expect, assuming I draw of course.
Sorry can't help you in that area. I am south central, looks great around me. Looks much dryer west of me from what I have seen.

Drove thru Wyoming on I-25 a few days ago and saw tons of speedgoats including a handful of pronghorn fawns. Lots of green grass and lots of antelope over there!

Awesome! Cashing in some points this year for my first lope hunt...

We need a designated photo-flipperer.

IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0715.jpg

I drove across I-90 from South Dakota through the Big Horns and from Cody through Yellowstone this last weekend. I take the trip often and this year looks really good. I don't remember ever seeing as many goats as we saw this trip. Both east of the Big Horns to the SD border and in between the Big Horns and Cody.

I drove across I-90 from South Dakota through the Big Horns and from Cody through Yellowstone this last weekend. I take the trip often and this year looks really good. I don't remember ever seeing as many goats as we saw this trip. Both east of the Big Horns to the SD border and in between the Big Horns and Cody.

It's funny because I hunt west of the Horns every year and sometimes goats will be all over the place driving I-90 between SD and Buffalo and at other times I'll hardly see any. They must really move around a lot and get far enough off the highway that you don't see many at times. It's also good to hear you saw a lot between the mountains and Cody because it's the same way there a lot of times too with either a lot near the road or nothing! Did you see many feral horses on the north side of the highway the last 15 miles or so before you got to Cody because it seems they are really increasing in numbers along there the last couple years?

Last edited:
The population looks great in eastern WY. So far this is the greenest summer I've seen here in the past 8 years.

I don't know if I would be able to tell. Ranches are so big, I wouldn't be able to distinguish. Saw plenty of horses. and sheep.

It's always good to hear that the wildlife is doing well. I'll be in that area of the state again this fall.

The population looks great in eastern WY. So far this is the greenest summer I've seen here in the past 8 years.

This makes me happy! I’ll be rolling into the eastcentral side of the state 2 days before the opener! Can’t wait to see what’s out there. The drive to the area is the almost the best part.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back