Mt. Charleston Nevada

Noodlerfreak

I was lucky enough to draw a late season mule deer rifle tag for 261-268. I had ZERO points and drew it as my 3rd. choice. This was my first year ever to apply for tags and I am just excited to have an opportunity to hunt. This is my first trip out west and my first rifle mule deer hunt. I am having a difficult time finding a lot of hunting info on the area. The info I have found states - unit 262 is where the most population of deer are. More specifically around Wheeler Pass or Cold Creek. I will be hunting during the month of November. Do you think I should still try and focus around water that time of year? I am from Oklahoma and not used to hunting in an arid climate. Also I noticed there is a book Nevada sells called Water Development Atlas for $50. is that something I should invest in?

Thanks for your help, regardless of how successful I will be on taking a deer, I am excited about seeing some new parts of the country (never been west of Oklahoma) and getting some experience.

Call the biologist for the unit. You can contact them through the NDOW in Vegas. Every NV biologist I have talked to has been very helpful. Good luck!

Elkdog - I will contact the area biologist. I hadn't thought of trying to do that. Thanks for the advise.

I got the 261 rifle tag, first come first serve… as a result not much time to plan… planning on hunting the last 5 days of the season… my limited research says hunt cold creek or Charleston Mountain.? I am just courteous what to expect??? Any information would be greatly appreciated… I’ll provide an update of the hunt via PM… other than that epic outdoors says to expect 150-160 type bucks…

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back