Colorado Draw Results

Got either sex deer archery for Unit7, cow tag 4th season rifle Unit 56, and will probably get an OTC archery Elk.
My first archery, gonna hunt with my brother who got his first ML tag... Should be a great year!

According to the recap 1 tag was drawn out of 7 applications at my point level for deer. There is still a chance....

Looks like the odds worked the way they normally do and I got another point.

Drew my first choice for deer DP9999P. Totally stoked. Anybody have any experience hunting unit 999 during 9th season? Not looking for any honey holes or anything, just some general advice.

Drew my first choice for deer DP9999P. Totally stoked. Anybody have any experience hunting unit 999 during 9th season? Not looking for any honey holes or anything, just some general advice.

Funny. Hahaha. Did CO post anything today? Bear maybe? Not much happening today on my account. And, yes, I’ve checked like 5,000 times.

I saw a 185 buck right here last season, (39.7423190,-104.9963600). Let me know if you need the rest of my spots, I really just scout so I can provide info to hunters with limited vacation time.

I saw a 185 buck right here last season, (39.7423190,-104.9963600). Let me know if you need the rest of my spots, I really just scout so I can provide info to hunters with limited vacation time.

Hey - I saw a couple of big gnarly Bucks just hanging next to eachother in that exact same spot! And there were half a dozen 400” bulls like 25 yards away! :)

Appaloosa - I drew 999 this year, too - it’s a sleeper unit and I’ve been drawing there for over a decade -just glad it’s not an ‘A’ tag so I can still hunt on second choice ;)

My 2018 preference point purge continues as I drew a cow moose tag along with a mtn goat tag. Fortunately, the hunts are separated by over a month and I am somewhat familiar with my moose unit.

I just got notice that I was awarded my once in a lifetime Colorado bull moose license. Nineteenth year applying.

Wow. I'm gonna need help from my friends....

It's in my backyard. I hit the Lotto with 3 PP + 15 weighted points:

Moose Application
License Year: 2018
Congratulations!!! You have been Awarded.
1st Choice
Hunt Code: MM020O1R; List: A
Antlrd Rifle
Units #020 #029

Not sure but there may be only one or two bull tags for the two GMU areas this year because the growing moose population is still pretty low here. We had a cow moose come through the yard about 4 p.m. today but good bulls can be hard to find. It will likely be a very difficult endeavor to locate a big bull like the 9x7 point fellow that we saw walking through our property last fall. That was a one chance encounter over several hundred days. I saw him again later in the winter but on a closed private property. Hunting the Front Range with it's checkerboard of private and public lands is a considerable challenge.

I need access to the high country wetland willow areas and my old Tundra can't handle the new age 4WD routes built for high clearance superJeeps. I may need Rent-A-Renegade because I don't know of outfitters that will pack meat in the area.

Congrats Hummer, that will be a fun hunt.

Struck out on Grand Mesa 1st rifle cow elk. Bummer.
Struck out on 4th buck. 4 of 6 in my point pool drew the tag I was after. Big bummer.
Successful Grand Mesa cow moose. Hunting moose on the mesa again. :)

Hummer, big congrats on that tag. There's a very obvious spot in your units that holds some great bulls. It was almost too easy, they had to make it harder. I'm sure you know about it, but just in case you don't, PM me. :D I've already seen 7 different bulls there this spring.

Hummer - congrats!

For those interested - Draw recaps are 'officially' available now on the website for Deer, Moose, Pronghorn and Bear...no Elk yet.

Hummer, big congrats on that tag. There's a very obvious spot in your units that holds some great bulls. It was almost too easy, they had to make it harder. I'm sure you know about it, but just in case you don't, PM me. :D I've already seen 7 different bulls there this spring.

I believe I do know, and apparently the road reopened just recently. I think I'll take my bike up there this morning. Will pm you later to ask your advice. TIA!

Marksjeep, how many points did you use to draw your cow tags?

There's always OTC tags.

Yes we are considering that as an option. I have not hunted the 2nd season before. 1st season I know the elk and she would have had an excellent chance of harvesting a cow. I am also considering taking her OTC archery, but she has a lot of work to do before I would let her take a shot with her bow.

Back