Colorado Draw Results

No updates on my CPW page as of yet. Is surprising though to see the statistics calculated from mid-May and our results still not in-hand....

I have sat in enough meetings with our accounting team to know that that many transactions posted on a single day is a huge task, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are only 5-6 people running the whole thing.

Has anyone gotten any official feedback yet?

One person from our group applied for a tag that was 83% last year with 0 points he applied with 1 point this year and no credit card hit yet.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten any official feedback yet?

One person from our group applied for a tag that was 83% last year with 0 points he applied with 1 point this year and no credit card hit yet.

Nope but I don’t have a hit for my elk point either. And I put in point only for elk.

Looks like no results at all today. I applied for a moose, bear, and antelope point. Deer and elk tags. I got 0 notifications

Good luck drawing a moose tag, I knew the new process would entice more people to apply, but the numbers are more than I thought. 2017 had 25,723 applications and 2018 had 59,157 applications.... The number of applicants with zero points went from 2967 in 2017, to now 17,773. Applicants with one point this year are 3565 and zero is 17,773.

Deer applications also went up, 2017 had 185,539 applicants and 2018 had 212,217. I would be curious how many of these are new hunters and how many are people that weren't building points but decided to now because you don't have to front the money. I would guess the majority of the numbers are non-residents starting to build points.

My card just got hit for 2 elk tags in Colorado. One for myself and one for my dad. First tags we’ve drawn this year. Finally!!

I know I bought points in the big 3 this year. All the money you had to front in previous years was way more than I could loan out for a few months. I know there is 4 guys in my group that applied for deer this year that hadn't in the past. 1 is a new to the west Hunter the others have been more focused on elk.

I have always felt that Colorado charged the non-resident hunter a bundle but went out of their way to give good value and make you feel welcome. However this business about releasing the results over 4 days just means I will be checking at least 4 times instead of once. They want credit for releasing on June 4 but are not organized enough to get it done before the 8th. And it boggles my mind that it takes 2 months when the apps are all on-line. They don't even charge your credit card - you have to pay in a separate transaction.

OK. End of rant.

Excellent idea on the draw recap reports - thanks to Michael and Wllm. Based on the recap, I drew a deer tag. Also Colorado DOW is telling me I need to change my antelope unit - point creep is pulling away from me.

According to the recap 1 tag was drawn out of 7 applications at my point level for deer. There is still a chance....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back