Colorado Draw Results

MVRK28

Let everybody know what you drew! Don't think the results are in quite yet, hoping we drew 64-65 3rd Rifle.

Still sweating my buddies tags (historically 0 point draws) more than my own. Good luck everyone.

As a stats nerd, I’m looking forward to the release and accompanying internet breakdown of the leap in applications almost as much as seeing results.

The suspense is killing me lol. Deer and elk will probably be on Thursday and Friday

The suspense is killing me lol. Deer and elk will probably be on Thursday and Friday

This may be my ignorance talking but it seems ridiculous to me that after 2 months from when the applications closed it takes a full week to release the results.

This may be my ignorance talking but it seems ridiculous to me that after 2 months from when the applications closed it takes a full week to release the results.

I feel this way too. I may also be ignorant/naive, but after everything is set and in the system shouldn't it just be like pressing the "start" button on some big algorithm and it all just gets spit out and done? I don't underestimate the complexity, but that's what the algorithms are for.

I feel this way too. I may also be ignorant/naive, but after everything is set and in the system shouldn't it just be like pressing the "start" button on some big algorithm and it all just gets spit out and done? I don't underestimate the complexity, but that's what the algorithms are for.

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe they want to double-check everything manually first since they changed so much stuff this year.

I mean given that they have to send out around 100,000 success emails, 200,000 emails total and have there AP department hit credit cards for $11 million... just for elk. I'm sure the actual drawing is probably pretty simple all things considered, once they filter out the 1300 apps that have incorrect hunt codes and errors etc. The wait is probably so various departments to scramble and get everything together so they can mail tags, send emails, and hit credits cards as soon as the draw happens. Also imagine the cluster if something with the draw got screwed up and they had to redo it after 1. telling people the results and 2. charging peoples credit cards.

I mean given that they have to send out around 100,000 success emails, 200,000 emails total and have there AP department hit credit cards for $11 million... just for elk. I'm sure the actual drawing is probably pretty simple all things considered, once they filter out the 1300 apps that have incorrect hunt codes and errors etc. The wait is probably so various departments to scramble and get everything together so they can mail tags, send emails, and hit credits cards as soon as the draw happens. Also imagine the cluster if something with the draw got screwed up and they had to redo it after 1. telling people the results and 2. charging peoples credit cards.

My thought was that was taking place over the 2 months since the application process closed. I would imagine the emails are automated, the cards can be charged throughout the week but jeez let us know!

Capture.jpg

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but when I click on "Print All Orders" in my Colorado profile I get the above read out. However on my orders list under "View All" Elk shows "Entered," Habitat Stamp shows "Active" and Deer shows "Entered."

The ONLY reason I feel like the print out could mean something is that Habitat Stamp already shows as "Active" and for Elk I only put in for a point so it's an automatic. Really the only one I'm after is Mule Deer. I guess If other people check and it looks the same then it probably means nothing but if we are getting different results this could be a new back door?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,801
Re-using this from someone on here... (probably this same thread last year).

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 9.47.35 AM.jpg

View attachment 83306

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but when I click on "Print All Orders" in my Colorado profile I get the above read out. However on my orders list under "View All" Elk shows "Entered," Habitat Stamp shows "Active" and Deer shows "Entered."

The ONLY reason I feel like the print out could mean something is that Habitat Stamp already shows as "Active" and for Elk I only put in for a point so it's an automatic. Really the only one I'm after is Mule Deer. I guess If other people check and it looks the same then it probably means nothing but if we are getting different results this could be a new back door?

You are really digging for a backdoor lol. I don't believe it means anything because mine looks exactly the same. Also the balance on mine would say $389 for a deer tag as my card expired prior to the draw....and it says $0.00 so I don't think there is anything to this.

They process prefer point only apps the same as the regular apps, i saw this during the sheep/goat drawing. My wife put in for Pts only and I put in for units and we found out at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back