Caribou Gear Tarp

Alaska Black Bear with Spitz and Fin

When I hook 'em, I cook 'em.....Kim Newberg, circa 1994. Words to live by.

IMG_20180605_000352_311.jpg

Spitz and Marcus will post theirs later

Awesome Randy, I'm equally impressed by that fish!
Ever heard of the Scottish Macnab?
Shoot a Stag, Catch a Salmon and shoot a brace of Grouse all within a 24 hour period.
I can imagine a unique Newberg equivalent being created.
There is also a Royal Macnab, but we won't go there!
Cheers
Richard

Very jealous, congrats on what looks to be a great trip. How bad were the bugs? Looks a little cold yet.

The only thing tougher than dreaming about a hunt like that is having experienced a hunt like that, and then longing to return. Knowing exactly what you are missing is tougher than imagining it. Looks like you had a great time and both bears are studly looking. I have to admit I'm a little envious of that huge white patch on your bear. I can never seem to kill a bear with any kind of large colored patch. I've seen a few, but have never had one I wanted to pull the trigger on.

Nicely done!
The bear in the morning/salmon in the evening schedule looks like it is the way to go. It will be interesting to find out more about the size, age, etc. of the bears once the dust settles a bit.

Holy moly, those are a couple of big bears!! Congrats on a great hunt, and some good fishing as well!! I can’t wait to watch the episodes.

Those don't look like walleyes? Do they taste good, or do you just toss'em back? Actually, did you catch them on a line or whack'em with a Howa handshake?

It would be interesting to figure out how to skin that bear to best preserve the chest blaze. Heck of a bear though.

Here's my 2 kings. It was truly an amazing week. I feel bad saying that this is my job! IMG_1143.jpgIMG_1132.jpg

This week has left me speechless. An experience and memories that will endure.

60A6BC18-DD1B-495E-8AC4-8D46D11F5354.jpg

Wow! Two enormous bears and a few great kings. I thought we did well until seeing these pics. Well done fellas.

Sheesh! One would think you entered the land of the lost! Everything is Huuuuge!
Grats again guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back