Everybody, say hello to Doug!

SFC B

So the tradition in our house is that the kids get to name any new vehicles. So, heeeeereeeee's Doug per the Hunting Princess!! He is a 92 Dodge Ram 150 LE, 5.2L Magnum, 4x4 with limited slip rear diff, transfer case skid plate, 5 speed, cruise, 130k. I bought it in Fort Collins from the son of the man who ordered it NEW. Has all the original equipment including build sheet, owner's manual, cassette tape to demonstrate the Infinity stereo (still in the wrap) and jack. The pain is pretty much done but there is only one spot of actual rust not quite the size of my palm. Came with the the topper and bed liner......$2,200 think I did ok.

Attachments

• truck build sheet.jpg
    truck build sheet.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • truck bed.jpg
    truck bed.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • tailgate.jpg
    tailgate.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,134
  • truck interior.jpg
    truck interior.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,141
  • truck passenger side.jpg
    truck passenger side.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • truck dash.jpg
    truck dash.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,144
Nice old rust-free mopar. Congrats. I see on the build sheet it says....premium paint with clearcoat finish.

.....had me at first sight with the ombre paint scheme.

May Doug never fail to take you to your appointment with adventure.

By the looks of the offset Lance Armstrong I'm guessing the previous owner was a left eyed pirate.;)

Those old dodges were ugly when I was younger, but had a reputation for being tough. Not as ugly as I once thought they were. May you and Doug have many good times together, and may he be covered with mud and blood, and never let you down.

Oh, it has the optional 30 gal tank!! Part of the "Super LE Advantage Package" on the option side :) CAN"T be any worse on gas than what Big Blue was ;)
Doug out, Doug in, Doug for gold, Doug up a treasure, Doug in your pocket for gas $$. 22 gal tank! Good find.

Sold mine last year.Most Dodges lose their paint within 5yrs .Repainted twice by the dealership no charge.Caravans were the worst.Had a positraction rear axle.It could cimb out of a swimming pool.Good choice.

Good luck finding a new truck for anywhere close to $18k these days! Minus the paint (to be expected on a Dodge) the truck appears to be in really good condition! Good find for sure!

Doug will be getting new plugs and wires and an oil change right off the bat as well as losing the running boards (I hate those things). First real addition will be a front receiver to accept my winch system. I have been scouring the web looking for one but it seems there is not much available for these gen 1 Rams. Looks like I will get a shot at using my newly minted welding skills ( I just finished GMAW 1 and 2) to use some bits from Harbor Freight and 3/8 inch plate to fab on for myself :)

Nice no computer and actual analog gauges and speedo! What it might lack in beauty, which I like by the way, will be made up in reliability. It's got a lot of miles left in it at only 130k.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back