Yeti GOBOX Collection

UAV (Drone) "Cameraman" video.

Sytes

The video is approx 1:30. **Note: No bears were killed during the filming of this episode, unfortunately...

Music is from an archive of authorized free to use selections via a site linked within the very basic and very beginner friendly, "Film Maker" windows program. The intent was to evaluate the video capability from a cinematography standpoint with the use of, "Active Track" (follow mode).

The uav use during hunting season was routed through appropriate channels to assure I was not violating any Montana hunting regulations.

This is from a collapsible uav that could fit into my cargo pant pocket. DJI's Mavic Pro Platinum. The RC unit has a joystick protection piece that allowed for storage within my pack (or other cargo pant pocket) along with 2 extra uav batteries. I found it safer for the hike to store all uav items within my pack until it was a time to collect some video. It is not an instant - go to type video device, say, in comparison to a body mounted GoPro unit.

I used approx 10 minutes worth of battery life over the course of the 5 hour gated FS road hunt. My intent was to find a black bear. The one adverse factor: Sound of the uav. While the Platinum is pretty darn quiet, the sound is loud enough when flying that I would not let it record my shot if opportunity was available to take the time for setup even within 150 yards - While the uav may be quiet enough, the hunt is more important than possibly spooking the bear. HOWEVER, the uav will record without the propeller sound. It will act as a stationary video device.
It would have been great to have it record my route to a downed bear though as shared, no such luck.

Anyhow, simple video - enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;fecHZTTgl6I]https://youtu.be/fecHZTTgl6I[/video]

Even sans black bear hunting success, it was a cool video showing an armed hike. But it was like, "Big Brother" Sytes is watching you surveillance.

Regardless of not violating any laws, willing to bet that a large majority would be less than thrilled to be walking down that same road/trail and see a drone in use. Lots of crazies out there.

Drone technology is amazing, but what is most amazing to me is your easy stroll through the forest. Miracle footstep after miracle footstep Sytes!!!

Thanks, Kansasdad. Amazing how much I took life for granted prior. Now's a new chapter. :)

Straight Arrow, I agree - after viewing your post and watching the video again - had I not been the factor causing the video - the, "Big Brother" impression stands out! Haha! Eerie feeling! Fair Chase, Interesting you bring that up. For the day I collected the video to share here, the road was to myself as the only truck at the gate. The prior time, I ran across a few backcountry skiers coming back from a trail linked to the road who were pretty excited over the uav that time carried in my hand, at the start of the trip. While chatting with them about their many griz bear sightings and one possible blacky, one said, "Hey, is that one of those drones? Wish we had something like that for our trip!". I get what your saying and agree, while legal, there will always be grumpy people out and about... hunters, backpackers, etc. It's like internet forums - there will always be people with a gripe/attitude. It is what it is.

Fishing4Sanity - haha! Almost verbatim stated the same words to a friend who used one while we were fly fishing. He had the Phantom 4 pro (DJI as well) and it slowly circled us fishing and then his wife leveled it off about 20 yards upsteam from us about 3 feet off the water. It stayed there for a minute or so then slowly rose and did a full arch over us, meanwhile the camera gimble made it an absolute stunningly smooth video! That hooked me! All pun intended. :)

On another note: Glad I used the free use music selection for this video. I viewed my YouTube video managing tool and found the following message for the other UAV video I shared here ( https://youtu.be/1xMQ0rzUU28 ) that I used the Alabama song, "Born Country";

Copyrighted content was found in your video.

The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it.

VIEWING RESTRICTIONS
None
MONETIZATION
Can't monetize video
If you agree with these conditions, you don't have to do anything.

Details
CONTENT CLAIMANT POLICY
Born Country - Alabama
Sound recording
0:02 - 1:16 play match
SME
On behalf of: RCA Records Label Nashville
Monetized by copyright owner
Remove song
File a dispute

Nice they are permitting the song to be used, though I'll certainly be sure to use songs as used within the video in this thread and (or) be more cognizant over the use of music as expressed here.

All along the lines of following laws/regulations, etc.

Last edited:
i think if you're the only one hunting / hiking on the gated trail, it's a really cool aerial perspective. You are wise to consider the risks when the trail is more crowded. It brings to mind the image of Matt Rosendale shooting this high powered rifle at a drone during a political ad. I'm sure there are like-minded wackos who would readily take a shot.

As the windy conditions are seen within the video - it is amazing how well the camera gimbal process worked and the follow method countering the wind meanwhile avoiding the bush and tree - keeping myself centered. The drone would counter the wind via adjustment to the individual propeller speeds. It actually would hold a tilt while countering wind resistance meanwhile the video camera gimbal would simultaneously adjust position to appear as nothing was effecting its recording.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back