taxidermist recommendations in Missoula

Magnum Sherpa

I am looking for taxidermist recommendations in/near Missoula. Basically for general big game work, but if you think anyone excels in certain animals I would love to hear that too. I don't have anything in particular I am planning to mount right now, but just planning ahead. Thanks!

Steve at Taxidermy Unlimited has done incredible work for me. He worked with me on the payments. He took my last animal in with no money down. He, like every other taxidermist I have ever known, took a few months longer than quoted. But, the work is worth waiting on. I have found his pricing to be below his value point. He is strictly my big game guy.

My bird guy is Eugene at Wildfowl Unlimited. You can see my crane on here elsewhere that he did for me. He has also done my swan, turkey, and several other ducks. I have 12 birds in the freezer waiting for him. He has a perpetual $100/mth payment... You do pay for his work, but again, worth the detail he puts into my birds.

I would also tell you, don't skimp on money on taxidermy. Get what you want, get it done once. Repair work is far more expensive.

Steve at Taxidermy Unlimited has done incredible work for me. He worked with me on the payments. He took my last animal in with no money down. He, like every other taxidermist I have ever known, took a few months longer than quoted. But, the work is worth waiting on. I have found his pricing to be below his value point. He is strictly my big game guy.

My bird guy is Eugene at Wildfowl Unlimited. You can see my crane on here elsewhere that he did for me. He has also done my swan, turkey, and several other ducks. I have 12 birds in the freezer waiting for him. He has a perpetual $100/mth payment... You do pay for his work, but again, worth the detail he puts into my birds.

I would also tell you, don't skimp on money on taxidermy. Get what you want, get it done once. Repair work is far more expensive.

Thanks, 406LIFE. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. And I agree about paying for quality work. Do you know anything about Custom Birdworks/The Big Game Connection?

I do know Dale at Custom. He's busy and pricey. I think Dale doesn't even do birds anymore, just his landscape.

Dean Haun up in Plains/Thompson Falls is really good, worth the short drive if you want to stay close to Missoula.

Custom Birdworks (Dale specifically) still does birds, at least as of March - which is the last time I was in their shop. Tyler is great too. They are busy, but have always met the deadlines they have set. Great work as well.

You could always make a trip over to Wild's Taxidermy (Kelly Wild) in Belgrade. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back