Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Secondary bag

mjw176

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask about back pack hunting.
I have never Backpack Hunted But plan on taking a career change which would allow me to possibly do more Western hunting.. I purchased the mystery ranch Metcalf at a pretty good desl. After hearing so many wonderful reviews on this pack and me were wising that it was a good investment for possible future hunts I am thinking of purchasing one of the additional pacts such as the pintler to an additional smaller bag for day evrning hunts. I also noticed they have the new pop up 15 and 28 versions for a little more then just the pintler bag option . Which bag would be the most to tound out my arsenal to give me greatest investment for any possible pack hunting situations I may want to adventure.

To be completely honest I would just stick with the one bag, you can easily cinch down the excess fabric if you are using it as a day pack, most of the weight of a pack comes from the frame the weight of the fabric is pretty negligible. Also if you get lucky you are going to want the extra room for a pack out.

Now that you have a good pack spend your money on good boots, glass, tent, sleeping pad, etc.

Yes, I agree with wllm1313. Nowadays people are looking for stuff through which they can do multiple tasks. Swag Bag is the best example. It can be use as a tent as well. I think I saw that on whiteduckoutdoors.

Another agreement from someone who uses the MR Metcalf primarily as a daypack. Cinched down, it is compact and holds what I need daily, plus survival gear. It is easily expanded for longer trips or for packing on the load shelf.
More packs means more options means more decision points and the potential for wishing you had your Metcalf instead of a smaller daypack. Keep it simple

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back