Prevent the Loss of Access to BLM Land (Laramie County, WY)

I hope BuzzH can get the day off so he and Jeff (jm77) can give em hell at that upcoming meeting requesting the county to vacate those roads!

Jeff and I, as well as other WYBHA leadership are all over this issue. It fell in our lap last week and we're still getting all the details. I talked with my county commissioner here in Albany County last Thursday, and have reached out to some folks in Laramie County as well.

I will keep everyone up to speed on how this goes...may need some emails and phone calls to be made.

Thanks for the heads up jtm307 and the links.

Thanks for the heads up, jtm307! Please keep us posted Buzz and if/when phone calls and emails are needed we will be here to help.

Public hearing: public hearing to discuss this petition on June 19, 2018 , at 3:30 PM at 310 W. 19th St, Ste 310, Cheyenne, WY 82001. For information, contact the Laramie County Clerk's Office at (307) 633-4264.

Jeff and I, as well as other WYBHA leadership are all over this issue. It fell in our lap last week and we're still getting all the details. I talked with my county commissioner here in Albany County last Thursday, and have reached out to some folks in Laramie County as well.

I will keep everyone up to speed on how this goes...may need some emails and phone calls to be made.

Thanks for the heads up jtm307 and the links.

Buzz, please let us know what we can do to help as you find out more info. This is frustrating even though I have never been in the area and will probably never hunt the area. I deal with similar issues in eastern Wyoming around my wife's family's place.

Bumping this one to the top.

I attended the Laramie County Commission meeting on the proposal by the landowner and their attorneys to abandon these roads was denied by a 5-0 vote on both roads.

Further, the upper road has been illegally locked and the lock will be removed immediately. So, public access has been maintained.

I represented the Wyoming Chapter on this issue and also offered to work with the BLM to help pay for signs and also to get some WYBHA members to help with installing the signs as well.

The County Commission clearly saw the value in keeping public lands accessible to the public, well done on their part.

Awesome work by my buddy Buzz on behalf of BHA and all sportsmen & women. Here he is testifying in front of the Laramie County Commission and protecting access to public land!imagejpeg_0001002003004005.jpg

Great news! Buzz, count me in on whatever help you need with the signs or boundary marking.

Thanks Buzz. After reading the proposal I would have been very surprised to see it go through. Good work.

Citizen advocacy in spades. Thanks to Buzz, Jeff, and the WY BHA folks for leading the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back