Nevada 221-223 Archery Bull Elk

David Gough

Hi all,

Well, to say I'm excited about the archery tag I drew this year would be an understatement. I already have some inside knowledge from friends about the hunt. I'm planning on sitting water and spot and stalk hunting the first week or so of the season, and if need be return for the last week of the hunt when the bulls should be bugling.

What I want to know most from people who have been on this hunt before is what was your hunt like? Any experiences, great to bad, you would be so kind to share?

Thanks,

Dave

Never hunted but we've camped and fished there over the years, both on the southern end at Sunnyside and at the northern end where Cave Creek dumps into the Steptoe Valley WMA. Steptoe, fed by by Cave Creek, is the major water source in the area. Good luck!

I know for a fact that elk hit the alfalfa fields near Lund at night. The road up Sawmill canyon will get you up high so you can do some glassing and perhaps see where the elk are hanging out during the day.
On the east side Mt. Grafton has been good to some of my friends over the years.
Also my brother has seen bulls rutting down in the Muleshoe valley.
Lots of great country out there for you to cover.
Good luck on your hunt.

Never hunted but we've camped and fished there over the years, both on the southern end at Sunnyside and at the northern end where Cave Creek dumps into the Steptoe Valley WMA. Steptoe, fed by by Cave Creek, is the major water source in the area. Good luck!

Thank you!

I know for a fact that elk hit the alfalfa fields near Lund at night. The road up Sawmill canyon will get you up high so you can do some glassing and perhaps see where the elk are hanging out during the day.
On the east side Mt. Grafton has been good to some of my friends over the years.
Also my brother has seen bulls rutting down in the Muleshoe valley.
Lots of great country out there for you to cover.
Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks. Yup, I definitely have my hands full. Two scouting trips isn't enough for all the country I want to cover, but I have two plus weeks to hunt and get it done. Looking forward to being in one of the best bull areas in the country and taking it in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back