Simple Things In Life

Sitting under a shade tree listening to my granddaddy tell stories about the good ole days. Today would have been his birthday and it's the first one since he left us last Christmas. Damn, I miss that man!

An old pair of boots. Ones of my feet have been with me a every day for almost 4 years. Seen countless miles, numerous states, good times, and a few heartbreaks. Can't bring myself to retire them yet.

Taking my dog to the river. She'll turn from an old lazy dog to a pup as soon as her feet hit the flood plain and runs the mile stretch to the river.

When i get home and put my keys in to open the door i hear the pitter patter of my kids feet and when i open the door i hear Daddy fron the top of the stairs

That smell of fall.

My infant son smiling in recognition of my wife or me.

A student’s face when he or she struggles, then finally gets it.

Coffee, anytime.

My hounds getting gamey on a fresh track.

Watching the joy of my daughter riding horses.

Watching my kids catch fish.

As I get older I’m more thankful everyday for Gods resources and provisions. And having the opportunity to be healthy currently and enjoy my wife/kids.

When you are swimming a jig and you let it fall to the bottom and feel that "tick" and your line jumps. I like to say that Tick is the jig hitting the back of a walleyes throat :) It never gets old!

Laying prone beside my wife or daughter as they line up a shot on a pronghorn or mule deer after a satisfying stalk. That moment just before they pull the trigger is the best part of the whole trip!

Back