Caribou Gear Tarp

Simple Things In Life

Watching your dog retrieve their first bird, especially when it was a giant rooster and he struggled to bring it back. I swear he was smiling the entire time behind that rooster.

Waking up your wife to tell her that she's the one snoring this time.

That counts, right?

some of my favorites would have to be

picking up round bales in the evening after a long day of work
the first hard frost in the fall
listening to whipoorwills
watching everything come to life every sunrise

In my work place, getting to tell a kid that they don't have any cavities. That smile is fantastic!!

Sometimes when I smell diesel fumes, I can close my eyes and imagine I'm standing on a sidewalk in Nairobi.

The sound of rain falling on a tin roof.

The feeling of coolness running down your throat when you get back to the car after a successful slaying of hayfield trout, and letting that first gulp wash the dust off your tongue.

Hearing the first flock of Canadians in the fall and searching the sky until you lay eyes on them.

My wife and her dogs and all her stuff gone from my house when I got back from my buddy's farm.

So complicated, yet so simple?

Listening to your old man tell a story for the hundredth time and never have it get old. (My post-teenager years of course)

Seeing a memory (photo) of your grandfather and your son spending time together.

180606 Grandpa and Logan Anderson Ranch.jpg

Being back on US soil....nothing like being in 3rd world countries to learn how blessed we are in the good ole' USofA....somebody say Amen to that.

Being back on US soil....nothing like being in 3rd world countries to learn how blessed we are in the good ole' USofA....somebody say Amen to that.
Amen to that after a deployment and with the realization that you have won the lottery of life by being born in the USA!

Sitting on the deck with a glass of whiskey and my dogs sitting at my feet

The first few snowflakes of the year

Crossing the Mississippi river heading west

Mosquito bites on your balding head because your hat is full of morels

Attachments

• 0678E417-0532-4CDF-824F-2FDE11CFA8AA.jpg
    0678E417-0532-4CDF-824F-2FDE11CFA8AA.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 94
Back