Simple Things In Life

hot black coffee on a cold morning outside on my cabin deck, bourbon in the same place 12 hrs later with a fire.

Sitting in the camp listening to the rain hit the roof. Hanging out with my grandson who I only get to see six times a year.

Sitting on my deck listening to the meadow larks sing

Planting a tree and pouring the water to it, all the while wondering in the back of my mind if I will live long enough to see it make shade, but planting it anyway.

Planting 6 fruit trees & aspens.And seeing the fence works as the elk move past to bed up on the mesa.
Someday I will share my apples with them.

Lying beside my wife in the morning as she quietly sleeps, the rise and fall of the covers with each breath a comforting indication that by the grace of God we've had one more day together.

Hearing my grandchildren say "I love you too papaw."...even better, the unprompted version.

I have a picture of my daughter at 4 walking thru a field of daises. Her hair was the same color. Good memory. She's getting close to thirty.

The second hug my son always asks for right before I leave for work. One is never enough for him.

When I wake up from a nap and see my 4 rat terriers looking at me with love or when I sleep in daytime(I work nights) and have 4 dogs laying in my arms. against my thighs, lower back and upper back. I am so content, almost worth having 4 dogs!

Sittting in camp,fire slowly burning while lightening flashes down below,and thunder takes the breath out of my lungs.Welcome to Az. during archery deer season as the Monsoons ravage the high country.:cool:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back