Greetings from VA

.270Rem

Hello, everyone. Before I say anything I will start by saying thanks to all members for the information I have found here in the past. I have visited this site regularly for several years and it helps the time pass quickly between seasons and makes it easier to remember when those important deadlines are.

Strangely enough, just like another new member, I work for a state wildlife agency, the Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries. I've hunted and fished in over 20 states. My Western trips have included javelina, mule deer, elk, and antelope. Back when the drawing gods were kind I got a Maine moose tag that I was fortunate to fill with a decent bull. I even got to hunt moose two more times, another Maine trip and a cow hunt in Vermont.

I can offer some help with your Virginia hunting questions and look forward to being more active here. And please don't hate me, but I have a Utah LE Muzzleloader Bull Elk on the schedule for this Sep.

Enjoy your holiday weekend with your family and friends and find time to remember what veterans have done for us.

- Joe

Welcome from the valley. Several Va guys and several transplants to other stats on here.

Curious what your duties are in the game department, if you can talk about it on here.

I work on several Wildlife Management Areas and our duties cover habitat work and tthe associated maintenance of the WMA's. The job has plenty of routine work built into it, but we participate in many tasks throughout the year. I even got to deal with a BBC film crew while they looked for Bigfoot (haven't seen him and they didn't either).

Thanks and glad to be here.

I hunt in Fauquier County also and it's my most consistent spot each year.

Don't forget the Wyoming draw deadline tomorrow everyone.

Welcome from Az.Have Brothers In Burke,and Alexandria Va.State dept.Both avid hunters.Brother in law in Pa. just shot a big blackbear.Come and chase some Javelina.They don't bite..Much.

Back