Wy type 6 tag question

WildWill

If I'm drawn for my 1st choice type 6 tag is your 2nd choice out or can you still draw your 2nd choice? I feel like I've heard people having 2 doe tags but not sure if you can draw both or the second can be bought from the leftovers.

When you apply, it will ask if you want 1 or 2 doe tags. If you say 2, you’ll either get 2 or 0.

If I'm drawn for my 1st choice type 6 tag is your 2nd choice out or can you still draw your 2nd choice? I feel like I've heard people having 2 doe tags but not sure if you can draw both or the second can be bought from the leftovers.

Once you draw your tag all other choices ie: 2nd or 3rd are now void. The reason for 2nd and 3rd choices is if you didn't get drawn on your 1st choice. As previous poster said to get two tags you would have needed to check that box during the application process. You actually can get 4 doe tags 2 in the regular draw and 2 in the leftover draw.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's 2 doe tags in first draw and 2 in leftover for a total of 4.
You can also apply for doe tags in 2 different areas if you want to.
You can apply for a second buck tag, any antelope, in the leftover draw.

The posts above have covered it well! No more than 2 can be drawn in that first draw, but you can get a total of 4 even if you get them all as leftovers and they can be in one or more units as long as they are available.

c) For antelope, no person shall apply for and receive more than one (1) full price antelope license (Type 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9) through the initial drawing. After the initial drawing is completed, any person may apply for and receive up to two (2) full price antelope licenses. However, no person shall apply for and receive more than a total of two (2) full price antelope licenses.

After the initial drawing is completed, any person may purchase up to four (4) limited quota reduced price doe/fawn antelope licenses. However, no person shall apply for and receive more than a total of four (4) limited quota reduced price doe/fawn antelope licenses.

Thanks for the help guy's. I plan on drawing a type 1 tag this year and figured it'd be nice to have a doe tag or 2 to get the most out of my trip just didn't want to end up with doe tags in two different units.

Sometimes it's easier to get a doe out of a unit with better access, might be one right along your travel route or next to your buck area. I would definitely have a doe tag in your any antelope area.

Sometimes it's easier to get a doe out of a unit with better access, might be one right along your travel route or next to your buck area. I would definitely have a doe tag in your any antelope area.

The unit I'm putting in for the type 1 tag unfortunately doesn't offer type 6 tags. But the unit bordering to the north has doe tags with a 100% draw rate so I made it my 2nd choice. My 1st choice is a unit a little further to the SW with around 50% draw odds that has more public land.

If one puts in for a Type 6 tag as a first choice and draws, will this burn any and all preference points? I want to put in for a doe antelope tag in a unit where we hope to draw for a Type 1 for deer. I have one or two antelope points but don't want to burn them on a doe tag.

How can that be avoided?

If one puts in for a Type 6 tag as a first choice and draws, will this burn any and all preference points? I want to put in for a doe antelope tag in a unit where we hope to draw for a Type 1 for deer. I have one or two antelope points but don't want to burn them on a doe tag.

How can that be avoided?

Doe tags don't affect preference points only the type1 or similar tag uses preference points. So you're safe.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back