Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Long time lurker figured I would introduce myself

Cdpp880

I’m a Texas guy that grew up hunting and fishing my tail off. I have hunted tons of whitetail all over Texas and a little in Missouri. Guided aoudad hunts in West Texas for 7 years. I have hunted a bunch of exotics in Texas over the years. Been luck enough to kill some very large free ranging exotics and a few nice whitetail. A few years back I got drawn for a archery mule deer hunt in West Texas Davis mountains. After that hunt I was completely hooked on “western style hunting”, even though I left empty handed it was one of the best hunts I have ever done.
Last year I went on an elk hunt in Utah with some friends, I did not have a tag but figured I would go and hunt grouse, scout and help pack out. I had a blast and a buddy got a big spike. This year a friend and I put in for the draw in Colorado in a unit that we should have a pretty good chance of drawing. If we are not successful on the Colorado draw we will go back to Utah.

On a personal note. I went to school at Texas A and M. Then worked for Texas Parks and Wildlife as a fish and wildlife biologist for 6years before becoming a Game Warden for the department. I have been doing that for the last 6 years.
Anyway I have been enjoying the forum for for a while and figured I could start being a contributing member.

Great introduction welcome aboard. If you don't mind me asking was your Texas mule deer hunt on elephant mountain wma? I put in for most of the Texas mule deer and all of the pronghorn hunts as well as the bighorn sheep hunt (when offerd) haven't drawn anything yet. I'd love to hunt west Texas I've only hunted the NE corner some beautiful country in the panhandle and big bend area.

Wildwill yes it was elephant mountain. There are some great animals there. I got within bow range to 3 different mule deer over 160 that hunt. Missed a really good 160-170 4x4. Saw a true giant late one afternoon but was too late to make a stalk on him and never saw him again. Really sad they only give you 4 days to do a archery hunt on a property you can never scout for. Really fun hunt none the less.

Gerald, unfortunately pretty much all my aoudad got ruined when my house got flooded during hurricane Ike. I still have a few I will try and dig up.

Nick you might have seen me relocate an alligator on the show. I am located east of Houston.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back