Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bourbon

Huntkook

I just found a new (to me) bourbon it's Buffalo Trace. Nice and smooth. What's your favorite bourbon?

Woodford for me. I have had Pappy and IMO, Woodford is better to me for my taste.

Myc casual favorites are Blanton’s and Booker’s. Buffalo Trace is pretty good too.

Love bourbon but don't have the best selection in my areaso I have to stick with the more commercial brands. That said, Leadslingers is a really good mixing whiskey from a local distillery but not smooth enough for sipping, I really like the honey bourbons for that.

I have had Buffalo Trace and think its great. I have not heard of the brands the Zach lists or Nameless Range. I need to check out those brands.

Bourbon? Pssssh! (Attempt to make my daughter's sound)

Jameson's 18 year Select. That is smooth. And to think upon that further... the years that has peacefully remained, aside from a celebratory sip, - Well, I'll be! Probably 21 year Nalgene contained Whiskey.

Bourbon? Pssssh! (Attempt to make my daughter's sound)

Jameson's 18 year Select. That is smooth. And to think upon that further... the years that has peacefully remained, aside from a celebratory sip, - Well, I'll be! Probably 21 year Nalgene contained Whiskey.

If you think that is smooth....Try the Jameson Rarest :)

Seems like everyone has a different taste for bourbon and there is a lot of science/opinion with it being neat or on-the-rocks and how long the bottle has been opened and exposed to oxygen or even what it’s temp is. I have been suckered by the small batch craze lately and sampled a few. Loved Bighorn Bourbon from Willies Distillery here in MT. 1792 Bourbon was nice. Evan Williams Single Barrel was quite good. Like Buffalo Trace too! I was less of a fan of Bulliet , Four Roses, and currently really disappointed with a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch. I’d like to try Blantons, and Colonel E.H. Taylor. Pappy’s without question when I win the lottery! My go to cheap bourbon is Jim Beam Black. I like that nutty/oaky taste.

Last edited:
Best way to have bourbon: find yourself a barrel from your favorite distillery, dump all the bourbon out, fill with a finely crafted beer, wait, drink.
20180306_192341.jpg

Anything that has “Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey” printed on the label. “bottled in bond” are also surefire good values.

Blanton’s (a buffalo trace product), Evan Williams single barrel, Bulleit. It really depends on how I plan on drinking it.

After reading a few of Stuart Wood's Stone Barrington novels, Knob Creek original 100 proof is in our cupboard. Mostly use it when seasoning a beef brisket, though, my wife discovered magical medicinal properties in Knob Creek when my parents are headed over for the Holidays. Consult your physician before starting a regimen of Knob Creek.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back