MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Yukon Moose

AndyZoom

Thanks for the add.

I am in the beginning stages of planning/preparing for a moose hunt in the Yukon. I am hoping to do it within the next 5 years and have it narrowed down to three outfitters: Yukon Stone, Bonnet Plume or Rogue River. They are all pretty close in price.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these outfits? Or, who did you use for your Yukon moose adventure? Could you please share some of your experiences, ie. things you wish you would’ve known ahead of time, things you would have done different, lessons learned, good/bad, etc?

I know there are other places out there that are cheaper or DIY options, but this is my bucket list hunt.

Thanks so much.
Andy Z

Last edited:
This is my Yukon moose hunt from 2015 http://www.bpcr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7311&hilit=dream

We used Papa Bear Adventures (it googles easily, they have a website and a Facebook site). The equipment was first rate from the two Beavers and Piper Super Cub down to the tents that we rented from them rather than bringing our own (a good move as it turned out). The Yukon Delta is full of moose, most bigger than the ones we shot it seems, but it is hard to see very far, or travel very far due to the wet marshy ground. We moved longer distances by water with an inflatable boat and motor, but we did not travel far from camp.

PM or email me at [email protected] if you wish.

I've done two northern BC moose hunts with the same outfitter and they were horseback hunts. If you plan on bringing your meat home ask that question, a lot of Yukon outfitters may want you to donate it to the nations people. When I first started researching Yukon outfitters only one included flying out your meat included in the hunt price, not an extra cost. Buy the best gear you can afford, raingear, gaiters, and pack. I started buying my gear about a year before my hunt. Caution , moose hunting and the great north is addicting. I want to do one more hunt!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back