Everyonbe beware. Oregon coming to you!

belshawelk

All,

Just approved b the Oregon legislature a bill banning all assault style weapons and high cap mags. Even if previously owned you must register, or turn in. This is a warning to everyone. It is out for signature gathering in which they only need 88k votes to make the ballot. They will get that just walking the streets of downtown.

Attachments

• 043text.pdf
    190.5 KB · Views: 22
Section 5. Subsection 4. Part B.

The owner possesses any lawful assault weapon or large capacity magazine only:

While engaged in the legal use of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, at a
public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose
of target shooting;

So it looks like not only does the bill ban assault rifles, those that are grandfathered in through the registration procedures are banned for hunting.

I think SB501 will die a swift death, but based on the email exchange I've had with my state senator about it, parts of it (particularly the stricter background checks and magazine capacity restrictions) will probably be coming back soon in their own individual bills. If you haven't already, contact your state reps and tell them SB501 is BS, and tell them why.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back