Just bought the Metcalf for $393.75! Did I...

ErictheRed

do the right thing? I needed a great pack and the price on Go Hunt seemed really good - free shipping too. Is this a good price for new?

Last edited:
never put an exclamation point to emphasize you burned $400 for a darn pack. nothing to be proud of in that...

That is a good price. If I were to amortize my MR by pounds and miles, it would be pretty cheap.

You will be happy with the Metcalf. My wife thinks I'm silly cuz I always keep mine in my pickup ... in case a hike / scouting opportunity pops up in a moment's notice! Everything I need is in my MR Metcalf.

I've been farting around waiting to pull the trigger on my pintler and this thread tipped me over the edge!

About $60 cheaper than anywhere else and free shipping, thanks for the heads up!!! Can't wait to break it in this summer with my daily hikes with the pup.

I have the same pack and love it- I wish I paid what you did, that’s a great deal! I think you’ll be very happy with the pack and agree it was money well spent.

I finally pulled the trigger on the metcalf. Been debating between that and more of a day pack for a couple of months now. But knowing that i'll be doing backpack trips in the next couple years i'd rather have a larger bag that i can compress down for day hunts now than to have to buy a bigger bag later. Plus I saved easily $150 plus rather than buying from scheels. No tax, free shipping, no brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back