Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best way to fly/get to to Glasgow, MT

teej89

My dad and I are going on a summer scouting trip in the breaks in July, we were extremely fortunate enough to draw the 622-20 tag. Fortunately my dad is retired and has all the time in the world so he's going to be driving out there to lug gear, tent, binos, food, etc.... I am flying in and I'm trying to weigh out my options... it looks like flying directly into Glasgow is going to run mid 800s w/o tax, are there any other airports I should look at, maybe in ND?

My other option is to fly into Billings and have him do the 4-6hr drive down there and back.

Thanks!
T.J.

Possibly Williston though I wouldn't get excited because it will probably be expensive and you'll need to track down a rental and those may not be available

Great Falls and Billings will probably be the biggest airports but like you said a 4-6 hour drive will be required

Your other possibilities could be Lewistown, Havre(long drive) or miles city. your best bet would be Billings for cost though.

You will be flying to Billings to connect to any of the airports in the area; GF, Billings, and Williston are all going to be similar price... Williston is the closest. I know a couple of landmen who work in Scoby and they always fly into Williston.

You can fly into Billings and then take Cape Air (small prop plane) to glasgow. That connector flight to glasgow is under $75 one way.

Awesome thanks for the speedy input guys! I'm hoping to book by next week hopefully.

Mtguy, that's probably the cheapest deal, thanks for the heads up! I'm looking and it looks like prices are like $30, but I'm guess once I go thru all the hoops the cost adds up. I won't have anything except the clothes on my back.

Thanks guys!

Flying into Billings on Delta or United and then take Cape air for another $50. Or fly to Williston and drive over.
If you fly into Glasgow what are you going to drive? Is there a rental car place there? It’s possible but I’d be surprised.

Flying into Billings on Delta or United and then take Cape air for another $50. Or fly to Williston and drive over.
If you fly into Glasgow what are you going to drive? Is there a rental car place there? It’s possible but I’d be surprised.

I'm actually meeting my dad out there, he's retired and driving out on his own.

Looks like billings may be the place to go and get cape air for the hop up to glasgow.

Last edited:
I missed that part. Makes sense.
Travel light. Cape air is small. Probably not a lot of cargo space. I’ve never taken it but my former coworkers in the Sidney/Watford area used to take it out of Sidney to get to Billings for meeting and always had good luck.

you got it figured out, billings then cape air to Glasgow. The cape air flight should be pretty reliable that time of year, in the winter it can have issues with weather. Going into Williston likely wont save you much and is a lot longer drive for your dad. Only issue you could run into is timing. Not sure how your layover may be as you wont have any options on the cape at flight, it is once a day. They also run a flight to Havre I believe which isn't much further for you actually. (90 miles from malta) so something to consider if the timing is better. Good luck on your hunt!

Hell. When are you flying out here?
I travel the state for work. I bet I could arrange that week to drive you up from Billings. Cape Air is sketchy af. like junior high dropouts for pilots. ;)

I've done the cape air flight a few times. It's noisy in those small planes, but you should have some decent scenery to look at out the windows. ;)

Back