Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WYGF Commission approves grizzly season

BuzzH

The Wyoming Game and Fish Commission unanimously approved Chapter 68 grizzly hunting regulations today, just about 30 minutes ago. There has been dozens of meetings across the State, and Dan Thompson with the WYGF Department has done a stellar job of presenting the facts and the science behind the recovery success and justification for the hunting season.

The recovery of grizzly bears is a true success story of the way that the ESA, as well as the collaborative efforts of multi agencies and States can work to recover a species. To all those that have dedicated careers, time and effort to get to this point...thank you.

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news...cle_f1ffebff-996d-59f7-9843-40d4e5576407.html

No kidding, if anything represents a true backcountry, DIY, lower-48 hunt more than a grizzly hunt, I don't know what does.

What a great success story on so many fronts...recovering a species, the North American Model, Wyoming hunters spending 50 million in recovery efforts, preservation of the required habitat, public land management decisions that have allowed the species to recover and thrive...the list goes on and on and on.

This is awesome news! Props to Wyoming for being the first to get this going and not backing down. They know how much backlash they will get from the protesters but are still moving forward. Love it.

This will be interesting. I love (not) the bait titles of several news stories "Wyoming Greenlights Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt" and "Grizzly bear trophy hunt in Yellowstone area approved by Wyoming"

Wonder what griz tastes like. Wonder if I can volunteer to help pack out.

This will be interesting. I love (not) the bait titles of several news stories "Wyoming Greenlights Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt" and "Grizzly bear trophy hunt in Yellowstone area approved by Wyoming"

I don't care for the 'bait' titles of the news stories either, but it seems to me it is indeed a trophy hunt, is it not?

I've heard there will be 5 tags and resident tag $600 non resident $6000. Can anyone confirm that?

I hope it goes thru. I know 3 bears already killed this year:2 by game and fish and one yesterday by a hiker(self defense) and thats just locally. Season is long overdue..... i will be applying that way i can hunt one of the dozens i have already seen this year.

I've heard there will be 5 tags and resident tag $600 non resident $6000. Can anyone confirm that?

Your tag prices are correct.

There will be 12 LQ licenses issued for area 7. There will be a “priority” list in the DMA (areas 1-6) where up to ten hunters will be able to hunt. However, it will be one hunter at a time. And when one female is killed the season will be over in those areas. 1-6 also have individual quotas similar to how wolves, lions, and black bears are managed in the state currently.

The long and the short of it. AT LEAST 13 tags will be issued, and up to 22 May be issued, but that is highly unlikely.

I agree with the sentiments of the OP! Now, if I draw a tag, I wonder if I can find a resident to take me into a Wilderness Area... :D

This is awesome. So cool to see a state with some common sense. A state that has a backbone and will actually MANAGE the wildlife. Hopefully someone on here will get a tag and I can live vicariously through them!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back