Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Washington Points Game

406LIFE

...anyone in on this?

NR Application fee: $110 (nonrefundable) plus license if you draw.

I didn't read deep enough to see if its PP or BP.

I like the OTC options for deer/elk, but I can't see the pricing game working for this state for me.

WA squares points. Very expensive to build points in WA as NR. Elk and deer quality not very good in most units if do beat the odds and actually draw a limited entry tag. Good news is there is no cap on NR tags for any species.

As a resident I an actively trying to get out of the points game, for everything except the big three. As soon as I draw points I'm done with that category. Unfortunately I stand a better chance of winning the lotto than drawing most of the tags.

As an Oregon resident, I used to get in the WA system, but drew and now I am out. Oregon is even worse for a NR. Both states do not see the economic befits of NR hunters. Its $167 just to put in for a licensee in Oregon. You cant put in for a draw without your license. Then its $567 for elk ad $430 for deer. So after you spend $167 and don't draw you feel compelled to get an over the counter tag for elk which in the eastern half of state is mostly general season spike only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back