Olympic Peninsula - hunting/fishing friendly vrbo

sjwhite

We own a home on the Elwha Reservation, it is 3 bed, 1.75 bath, and attached garage. We are avid outdoors people, and are considering going down the vrbo/airb&b route to appeal to hunters and fishermen. Complete with space to hang animal, and possibly adding a smokehouse in the back. We are exploring right now. but wanted to see if there might be any interest or need for this type of service. How do you all travel when you come into an area like our pacific northwest? would this be a realistic option for outdoorsmen? Thank you for your insight!

Stayed at an Airbnb when we hunted Antelope in Wyoming last year. It was the best choice we made, the cabin we stayed in was affordable, right in the hunt unit and actually got insight from the owner about accessing the public land across the road from the place. I would certainly explore that option for any future hunts wherever we may go. Leaps and Bounds better than staying at a motel 6 and skinning deer in the truck bed in the middle of town (we did that too).

Up here we see most try to bring their own campers, but i figure that cant be an option for everyone. what are some perks you would look at in a rental?

I'm thinking of going this route this year for a couple of bird trips I have planned. In looking at a few, prices are in line with cheap, local hotels. Many have a full kitchen making it easier to not eat out.

The "unit" sounds nice. Sounds like it could accommodate three hunter/fishermen etc. My concern/question is whether or not the "unit"
is located, or very close to an area that is huntable; not knowing anything about this area. Because, I am looking at hunting Roosevelt Elk in Washington next year. There are alot of DIY hunters who, including myself, would love a setup such as you describe to be able to hunt out of.

Honestly sounds like a great idea, I know a few people who probably would have rented it this weekend for the halibut opener. Not sure about the rules and regulations about hunting from the Rez but I’d assume you’d have to travel a ways to get into some public land to hunt.

I know what I'd be looking for is some way to actually get my waders dry during winter steelhead season. If you can figure that out - you've got a winner of an idea haha! It was so bad 2 years ago, we were putting our waders in the dryer (!!!)

Back