Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stock Options for Short Action Savage CL (Left Hand)

NDGuy

My uncle sold me his older left handed .243 Savage 110 CL model for $250. He doesn't live near me so I didn't get the chance to look it over before my dad picked it up for me. I got it yesterday and the stock epoxy has spiderwebbed completely along the stock. It is straight vertical spiderweb lines that are really noticeable when the light hits it right. This shouldn't affect the gun much for the time being but I did buy this to use and teach my kids with since it's a light shooting rifle. I wanted to pass it down as well.

Does anyone make a decent wood stock in this model? I didn't turn up much for searches because most places only have a long action stock. I would swap it for a synthetic stock if need be but I would like to keep as a wood stock if possible.

Otherwise what would my other options be? I was told I can sand it down and restain/epoxy if needed but I would prefer a professional to do it or to just swap a stock out.

Thanks for the help everyone!

If it's truly a 110, it is a long action. IIRC the built many short action rounds on long actions. You might be able to get a stock straight from Savage, but if not there are lots of options for Savage at Boyds Gunstocks. They can be had in laminate or wood. Price is fairly reasonable.

Found this in a 5 sec search

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Savage-Checkered-Walnut-Cheekpiece/dp/B00KRK08XC

Last edited:
IIRC the built many short action rounds on long actions. /QUOTE]

Maybe that is what it is I will look at that when I get home. It's a .243 so I assumed it was a short action. Thanks!

Not sure about historically, but current Savage rifles with a 3 digit model number are long action and 2 digits = short action.

I would strip the old finish and redo it. Bed the action while you’re at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back