PEAX Equipment

New President & CEO @ RMEF

"Weaver comes to RMEF from a long and successful career with the National Rifle Association, where he rose from an entry level position to ultimately serve as an NRA Officer and Executive Director of General Operations. His oversight included educational, safety and training programs, grassroots fundraising, as well as hunting and conservation programs. He brings extensive experience with board relations, volunteer management and fiscal responsibility and oversight, along with program building and implementation.

“My entire career has been dedicated to protecting, promoting and supporting our rights in the outdoors as hunters and conservationists. I am excited and welcome this opportunity. I look forward to using my full energy to serve our donors, members, volunteers, partners and sportsmen and women everywhere in furthering RMEF’s conservation mission,” added Weaver."

Hoping he continues the progress RMEF has made in the last decade.

Where is Dave off to once his contract expires or has he been released from it early? He did a pretty darn good job.
Looks like Weaver has some good qualifications. To the future.

Where is Dave off to once his contract expires or has he been released from it early? He did a pretty darn good job.
Looks like Weaver has some good qualifications. To the future.

David Allen left several months ago before his scheduled retirement date the middle of the year.

I missed this thread here the end of December 2017: https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?277955-David-Allen-out-as-RMEF-CEO

Dave was a gent during my injury. Care baskets, messaging, etc.
What are the "other projects" he is working? Hell, those RMEF cards worked their magic! Cribbage ftw.

January 31st, 2018

“I have enjoyed every day of my nearly 11 years here at RMEF. This is a great organization with some of the best wildlife professionals anywhere,” said Allen. “I support the board of directors’ search for a new CEO to take RMEF to the next level. I expect great things for RMEF in the future. I have other projects that interest me and this is a great time to pursue those opportunities.”

Last edited:
That he is a eastern tenderfoot, I hope he fully understands the public land thing.

I googled him and only came up with a basketball star that is very obviously not him, be nice to see some other information on his background.

never mind reading comprehension 101.

NRA? ugh. Hopefully not a nut ball like the rest of them.

God, guns and glory!

Looks like he was canned from the NRA unexpectedly. https://www.thetrace.org/2017/03/nra-kyle-weaver-fired/

Hopefully he thrives at the RMEF. It is strange to me that when an organization gets as big as the RMEF does, they tap into Nascar and NRA bigwigs for their CEO choices. That's not to say those folks aren't qualified or I even understand their roles, but those are just two things I don't associate with Conservation at all.

It's a gutsy choice IMO because when folks hear "NRA" half of them want to throw up while the other half bow down to pray.

Last edited:
Looks like he was canned from the NRA unexpectedly. https://www.thetrace.org/2017/03/nra-kyle-weaver-fired/

Hopefully he thrives at the RMEF. It is strange to me that when an organization gets as big as the RMEF does, they tap into Nascar and NRA bigwigs for their CEO choices. That's not to say those folks aren't qualified or I even understand their roles, but those are just two things I don't associate with Conservation at all.

It's a gutsy choice IMO because when folks hear "NRA" half of them want to throw up while the other half bow down to pray.

Thanks for the link. I agree with what you said. The link had several quotes that indicated he was much more interested in a big tent approach focused on hunting outreach than political machinations. Perhaps this difference in philosophy put him at odds with the NRA leadership?? IDK, I hope the RMEF continues to focus on habitat and hunting and eschew party politics (that is to say, entering politics where habitat and hunting are concerned, but avoiding party stances unrelated to those issues).

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back