Yeti GOBOX Collection

AKC Champs

pointingdogsrule

Entered my two dogs into an AKC hunt test this past weekend. Four tests for each dog and each dog must pass all 4 tests before they qualify for a title.

LOLA (Wirehaired Pointing Griffon) did fantastic (I couldn't have asked for better). She found birds, held point, worked the field well and listened to whistle commands.
LOLA received many compliments.

GUS (GSP) was another story. Most of you know how "energetic" they can be and "hard headed". Well the first 3 tests he did great in covering the field, pointing and birds found. The last test GUS knew the "game that was being played" and he became a little hard headed. He failed to listen to whistle commands. Needless to say the judges barely gave him a passing score in the "trainability" category. The other scores help bring that average up over 7, so he qualified.

Two "Junior Hunter Champs" in one weekend. Not too bad considering that I am the trainer :)

attachment.php

good luck to all
the dog

My Dad use to train Brittany Spaniels for field trials. So I know the work you put into this. Job well done.

Congratulations to you and the gang.

You think Gus is hardheaded. You should see my dog Trooper. The king of knucklehead hardheads.

Well done, Congrats! I'm thinking of getting a WPG. I've had experiences with training GSP's many years ago and I'm looking for something slightly less hardheaded these days.

Back