Songs/Music for your videos?

NC2CO

To those that film your hunts, where do you find your music/what do you like to use? I've used iTunes for most of mine thus far but having trouble finding the "right" songs.

I've been shooting video of hunts for the last 5 years. These never find their way to the public domain but they do make neat Christmas gifts for family/friends that were involved.

Thanks for any insights...

I am as rookie as it gets... though I just roll down my music until I find the song that fits and taa-daa! The beat works with the activity. I have not played with the various film programs, yet... in short time I'll mess with it. I use the base "Movie Maker" program with windows. for my level... It is great! Ya, that does not say much - Haha!

In the event some gurus post up some methods - I'll watch this thread as well. :)

Ask Gerald Martin where he got his skunk music :)

Gerald is the guru of hunt film editing. FB win for the, "no way" factor turned completely different. The master of the mtn lion creeping in... Haha!

Last edited:
If you want to go the legal route for sharing, royalty free music is the way to go. Epicdemicsound.com is my favorite for finding quality music of all genres and moods. They have a pretty good deal for Youtube subscriptions. If you are just wanting to use it for personal use, I think you can download for free.

NoCopyrightSounds Channel or you can find loads of nocopyright music on SoundCloud

Production crate may have some stuff you can use. Basically anything you have heard before is out of bounds. There are some products out there on eBay etc from a company called digital juice that are good. DJ has gone to a subscription based platform we use at work but it isn’t cheap.

You have to go copyright free if you want to be legal.

YouTube Audio Library has some decent stuff, teknoaxe.com has some good stuff, you can find good stuff on soundcloud.com. I have used a few other places as well, but I second epidemicsound.com - good audio and selection.

You can check out the descriptions on my videos for other sources "http://www.youtube.com/c/northwoodslife"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back