Goodbye 7mm HT

std7mag

Well the barrel on my Stevens 200 is finally shot out to the point it needs to come off.
7mm- 08 that i reamed to AI.
Still shoots 3/4 MOA, but throat is so long that the bullets are seated out waaayyyy too long.

Going on the action is a new E.R. Shaw barrel.
24 inch in 250 Savage.
Looking forward to learning and shooting it, but will miss the 7mm-08.

I stabilized the forestock with a caebon fibre arrow shaft split in half lengthwise and the use of light weight body filler.
Shortened LOP 3/4" and added limbsaver recoil pad. Bedded action with Devcon.
Did my own triggerwork. Consistent 2.5 lb pull.
EGW 20 MOA solid base, bedded to receiver.

The 250 Savage was kind of a no brainer, as E.R. Shaw had the barrel on special for $120.
And they are 100 miles from me, so local pickup.

Going to turn this into my coyote gun. 90gr. Sierra Blitzking should be just the ticket.
That and 100 gr. Ballistic Tips if need arises to use it for deer hunting.

I stabilized the forestock with a caebon fibre arrow shaft split in half lengthwise and the use of light weight body filler.
Shortened LOP 3/4" and added limbsaver recoil pad. Bedded action with Devcon.
Did my own triggerwork. Consistent 2.5 lb pull.
EGW 20 MOA solid base, bedded to receiver.

The 250 Savage was kind of a no brainer, as E.R. Shaw had the barrel on special for $120.
And they are 100 miles from me, so local pickup.

Going to turn this into my coyote gun. 90gr. Sierra Blitzking should be just the ticket.
That and 100 gr. Ballistic Tips if need arises to use it for deer hunting.

Well done. I'm guessing the accuracy is all you want, even better w the bedding and trigger work. Evidence for my guess is that you are keeping it. Mine came w Timney, and shot better than I can from the 1st round. And it weighs nothing, so it bumps you w recoil.

Agreed, 257 Roberts +P would be awesome as well, if deer were the main target

I already have a Ruger77 MKII in 257 Bob.
I'm shooting +p with formed 7X57 casings and Hodgdon Hybrid 100V.

Oh, on the 250 i'm planning on putting one of me Redfield Revenge 4-12X40 with Varmint Accufinder reticle.
600 yards rangefinder built into the scope.

I mean, SERIOUSLY Bro....What ARE YOU Thinking ???? Put the cork in the jug & keep on with what has been going on ! It's like your throwing away the 20 yr old Cheerleader, after she's grooved in with you, to run out & chase a 10 yr old ! Duhhhh. SAVE your money, apply for tags. and then eat soup with the rest of us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back