Pellet Grills

SandyCreek

Curious to see recommendations for pellet grills. I don't have one yet and would like to pick one up here soon, I know Traeger is the big name but i've also heard quality isn't what it once was.

I bought a Traeger last year. No slippage in quality apparent in mine—that thing is awesome!

I've had a Traeger now for almost 9 years. I have had 2 issues with it (control module and auger motor) bot both were taken care very promptly and I am really happy with what I can do with it. I mainly use it for smoking but it works great for grilling too and there are tons of other thing folks have dreamed up. I would never have spent the $$$ myself but it was a 40th birthday present. :)

I've never seen one in action, but I have seen them in stores. What's so great about pellet grills and why would I want vs. charcoal? Versus propane?

I like my traeger a lot. Bought it used so saved a lot of ca$h. works as it should. Great for smoking meats and grilling.

I have a green mountain, parents have a traeger. I think my green mountain is built way better and the new traegers don't seem as nice as the one my parents have that is 6 or 7 years old. Love my pellet grill and do most of my spring-fall cooking on it.

I got a Yoder smoker/grill a little over a year ago first pellet smoker I've had and I love it. They're much more user friendly then old style smokers I'll never go back.

I have a pit boss and really like it. Very similar design to a Trager, but half the price, seriously. I did a lot of research on them before I bought on different smoking forums and most reviews said a pit boss was the better value. I really like it was entertaining a propane and charcoal combo but I feel this is the best of both worlds. Also I really like pecan pellets.

Got a Traeger and my buddy has one too. No problems with either but it doesn't do anything special that either my briquette or propane BBQ's can't do. I think that once people spend that much money and realize that it wasn't well spent they convince themselves its awesome so they feel better about it. They are easier to use though and you can be more of an absentee chef while using it.

Got a Traeger and my buddy has one too. No problems with either but it doesn't do anything special that either my briquette or propane BBQ's can't do. I think that once people spend that much money and realize that it wasn't well spent they convince themselves its awesome so they feel better about it. They are easier to use though and you can be more of an absentee chef while using it.

Other than they don't flame up and burn the shiit outta your food.

I've had food off one a few times and i really liked the flavor. I just bought a brand new weber last year the "top of the line" and that pos is already falling apart

Green Mountain Grill (wifi version) here. Did a lot of research on them and felt this unit was the best one for what I wanted and haven't been disappointed yet. Actually LOVE the grill and the taste that it provides.
There are so many pellet grills on the market and really think that its tough to get a bad one if you spend the money.

We've had a traeger for going on a year now. It doesn't replace a gas or charcoal grill, but it does certain things really well. I really like that I can walk away from it and not be worried about flare ups.

Here is what is great about pellet grill/smoker vs the other too. You can get the smokey flavor of your choice very easily, you have ZERO flame up issues and most importantly for me you get an electronic thermostat. That means, if you are smoking, you set that joker to your desired temp and only have to turn meat or baste as you see fit. No fretting over the "fire". I do still use my propane grill for small grilling chores (hot dogs, brats etc) because of ease of use but smoking or grilling steak etc is just awesome on a pellet.
I've never seen one in action, but I have seen them in stores. What's so great about pellet grills and why would I want vs. charcoal? Versus propane?

Here is what is great about pellet grill/smoker vs the other too. You can get the smokey flavor of your choice very easily, you have ZERO flame up issues and most importantly for me you get an electronic thermostat. That means, if you are smoking, you set that joker to your desired temp and only have to turn meat or baste as you see fit. No fretting over the "fire". I do still use my propane grill for small grilling chores (hot dogs, brats etc) because of ease of use but smoking or grilling steak etc is just awesome on a pellet.

SFC B hit it on the head.

I have a Traeger 34 Pro, absolutely love it! There is a distinct flavor between a traditional style chunk wood smoker vs a pellet style. The set it and forget it is a life saver.

As to what one you want, pick a budget then go put hands on them. The local places around me had a variety to choose from. I choose a Traeger simply by placing my hand on it and the others. CampChef, Green Mountain, Weber all felt flimsy with thin metal. The "T" was stout and felt like moving it around wont break it.

Back