Montana 320 vs 442

Ttannahill14

Looking for a little bit of insight on units 320 vs 442. I'll be elk hunting in 215, but can't hunt deer there with my general tag, so I'm looking around a little bit for a unit near Butte where I can chase some mulies after I hopefully tag out on elk.

320 is a little closer and convenient to butte. Looks a little less nasty terrain. GoHunt says 442 has slightly better trophy quality though. Both have grizzlies it looks like. Really just looking for a nice representative buck, older the better. 140+ class animal.

I'll be truck camping in the bed of my truck with a topper, so not super worried about grizzlies during the night. I had plans to head to southeast MT but with the winter kill and the warning I've gotten from members in that area I've decided to let that part of the state rest and recover and not be part of the problem.

Feel free to PM if you don't want it out in the public. As usual, not looking for GPS coordinates... just general thoughts on the unit since I haven't ever stepped foot in MT. Also open to any other general units around Butte/Southwest MT if anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks!

Shoot me a PM, I can give you some info on 442.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back