Research

fmnjr

This site has become the most read source I have for hunting information, but I do read/watch/review others such as:

* amazon prime - some of the videos there are great, I've watched Fresh Tracks (of course), Solo Hunter, Meat Eater
* Eastman's journals - I enjoy both journals very much
* Outdoor Life - it's ok, but not at the top of the list
* General reading - numerous books on AK homesteaders, mountain men, adventurers
* Various state game regs - yes, I actually read them
* Fitness - I actually am more interested in this topic now than in the past and read/review many sources (books, medline, internet sites)
* Google earth/maps - you mean you don't find yourself researching possibilities when time allows?
* Pestering others - I'm not above trying to start hunting conversations with strangers
* Observation - anywhere I go now I'm planning how I can work hunting into the circumstances

What do you do along these lines to further your knowledge and abilities to serve your hunting adventures?

One of the things i've done these past 10 years or so is to help teach the local Hunters Ed program to youngsters and new guys. I do it to give back but it's surprising how many proud Fathers will tell me everything about their hunting exploits, including locations, when otherwise they probably wouldn't tell another soul on this Earth.

One of the things i've done these past 10 years or so is to help teach the local Hunters Ed program to youngsters and new guys. I do it to give back but it's surprising how many proud Fathers will tell me everything about their hunting exploits, including locations, when otherwise they probably wouldn't tell another soul on this Earth.

This is a really good point. you learn more from teaching than anything else.

Also think about getting involved with conservation groups and F&G biologists.

I read mainly western hunting magazines now, Eastmans, Western Hunter and just subscribed to Western Hunting Journal. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Hunt Talk as a member and look at other forum's to see if there's anything interesting there and even what is posted here I'll look up to see if there is any other info on the thread. Google earth and Onx I use as search tools and any state game and fish sites.

I like the teaching aspect. When one teaches, two learn. Moving forward, I'm sure we'll get involved with some program or another, too.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back