Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk Hunt Gear Video for the Beginner

7Bartman

It's been raining for 4 straight days here in MD and I didn't feel like turkey hunting in the rain so I did the next best thing and put together a how to video mainly geared towards East Coast guys/first timers looking to head out West.

https://youtu.be/evLuwnpX5X4

Let me know what you guys think. Sorry it's a bit choppy, the GoPro was on the fritz as usual.

I'm in Harrisburg, PA and am familiar with the multiple days of rain! Raining again today in fact. I'm looking to do a western elk or mule deer hunt in 2019 with my 23 year old son. I want to get him out there while he is young to expose him to the west so he can enjoy this type of hunting for the rest of his life. Checked out your video, was very helpful as we begin to research and accumulate gear and have lots of questions. Thanks for posting it.

Glad you found it helpful. There's a ton of resources out there. Feel free to let me know any other questions you may have. I think the biggest factor is just getting out there and doing it. Sure you'll make mistakes, but the learning process makes it fun.
Good luck.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video and for sharing it with the world. Good info for new hunters trying to make it out west, like Colorado. Good Luck this season!! - ColoradoHunter719

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back