Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Where to Hunt Hogs w/in 12 Hrs of Denver

Walkitoff

Hi all,

A buddy and I (from Denver) have been hunting hogs on a ranch outside Abilene, Texas, for the past couple of years to break up the long stretch between elk hunting seasons. For various reasons, we need a new place to hunt next spring.

Anyone know of a place to hunt hogs in February or March that's reasonably priced, provided strong opportunities to see hogs, and is within a 10 to 12 hour drive from Denver?

Thanks much.

Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma has some big hogs, I have never hunted there but know some guys who do every year if possible. I also know a neighboring landowner and he says there are lots of hogs in that country.

Or you could quit hunting invasive vermin and drive 10 hours the other direction and hunt Montana black bears with me.

Hi all,

A buddy and I (from Denver) have been hunting hogs on a ranch outside Abilene, Texas, for the past couple of years to break up the long stretch between elk hunting seasons. For various reasons, we need a new place to hunt next spring.

Anyone know of a place to hunt hogs in February or March that's reasonably priced, provided strong opportunities to see hogs, and is within a 10 to 12 hour drive from Denver?

Thanks much.

Care to share the name of the ranch you've been hunting before I make my suggestion? I am thinking it could be the same place.....:/

Hey all. Thanks for the suggestions.

@rmyoun1 -- hogs are better eating than black bear, and probably less smelly.

@montexan -- I'm not going to share the name of the place because I don't want to hurt the man's business. The hunt was high quality, and the problems we had were unique and exclusive to us. I don't expect anyone else would have the same issues.

If you’re willing to come to east Texas there’s plenty of public land FILLED with pigs & If I’m off work I could take you guys out to do some thermal / silencer pig eradicating....

If you’re willing to come to east Texas there’s plenty of public land FILLED with pigs & If I’m off work I could take you guys out to do some thermal / silencer pig eradicating....

Where abouts in E. Texas are you hunting? I do some hunting out in Morris and Cass counties. Shoot a pig any chance I get out there.

Back