Warning to all about GM

Jasher

I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado it's not abused. The paint is coming off above the windshield and right below the door panels. Cost just over $900 to get fixed. Contacted GM about it because there's no reason for it to be coming off. GM responded by saying sorry it's out of warranty we can't help you out. Really? I have spent tons of money on GM products from cars to trucks. Not anymore. DSCF6889.jpg

My 2008 Chevy had rust spots showing through the bumper within 3 months and before it had 2,000 miles on it. Since they advertised a "corrosion" warranty I took it in. They said too bad, it only covers rust that affects the structural integrity of the truck. I went straight to GM and they told me the same thing. Nothing like having a brand new rusty truck! Aside from the rust and moderate oil consumption, it was the best vehicle I've ever owned in my life and gave me next to zero trouble. It was time to update a few months ago and I went with a Ford this time for the heck of it. It's a nice truck as well.

With Ford's new aluminum body you won't have to worry about rust on it anymore. I stayed away from the Ford because I didn't know how well the paint would stick to the aluminum. Looks like it didn't matter.

I've had two GM vehicles that the paint peeled off the roof and hood. It's amazing that a company that makes such a well built vehicle would cut corners on the paint.

I think its the new water based paints the factory now uses ,less voc emissions from the factory compaired to the petroleum based urethanes and enamels of years ago.

I like gm trucks but here in the midwest all trucks will rust out the wheel wells and rocker panels in about 10 years. Lots of salt usage on the roads just eats them up. GM needs to work on their undercoatings, its like they are using paraffin wax, you can scrape it off the chassis with your finger nail.

I just traded my 07 Silverado in 154000 miles it still ran great but it was beginning to be a rust bucket badly.

I'm still using the old 7.3 , the cab lights started to rust about 6 years ago and I had it fixed immediately other than that 18 years next to the ocean and still no problems.

A buddy of mine is a mechanic at a substantial local shop and the number of late model GMC Siera's coming in with rusty frames has thrown up red flags all over the place. It's not Chevy, just the GMCs. Of course the dealers call it "normal". Ya, right.

Its bad if you have a painted bumper, i have a 15 gmc 1500 with the all terrain package, so i have the paint matched front and rear bumper. The slightest ding from anything kicked up on the road turns into a 1/8 inch chip, my bumper looks like it got peppered from a shotgun. My old truck was a 06 f250 with the painted bumper and never had an issue. Avoid painted bumpers haha

My 06 3500 Duramax is losing its paint too. But can't complain she still runs like a wild cat ..pushing 300,000 miles. I would buy another 06 in a heart beat !!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back