Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What's in Your "Oh Crap" Kit

A new addition to my pack is a little bottle of "New Skin" liquid bandage. I learned about it from the Train to Hunt community. It is incredibly helpful if you have blisters, both to prevent them or to be able to keep walking even if you've got bad, bursted blisters. It saved my feet on last week's bear hunt.

I carry an extra set of boot laces too. I've had a couple of times that my laces got cut somehow, and these saved me.

I also always bring toilet paper. I've needed it too many times... :p

And finally, I bring a USB battery and a charging cord for my phone.

when backpacking I bring:
* some kind of small light source, with LED there's so many good choices
* small med kit - tylenol/ibuprofen, moleskin, bandage/tape
* two types of fire starter, fastened to me apart from anything else
* wipes in a small ziplock

i make sure i always have some duct tape with me. there are so many uses, makes a great fire starter, repair gear with, use it instead of moleskin, as a bandaid, etc., i'm sure there are many other uses for duct tape that i haven't even thought of. butt wipes are another fantastic item to bring...there's no need to be an animal out in the woods while hunting! lol

Mystery ranch large load cell.

Leatherman
headlamp with extra batteries
Survival kit (paracord,duct tape, firestarters, battery for phone, motorola 2 way radio, 2 space blankets, hand fishing kit, granola bars, hand warmers)
1st aid kit (basic) tylenol, aleve, tylenol PM, kit wrapped with tactical tourniquet
gloves
spare socks
balaclava
water bottle with filter
packet of unscented hand wipes

Back