Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Why I'm not a carpenter

okie_hotrod

Well friends, it's safe to say that I'm back on the mend after trying to save some money on a renovation. Note to self: have someone else hold the stud board while you use the nailgun... and from a safe distance.

IMG_3940.jpg

OUCH!!! That sucks man. I hope it heals up quickly. Did it go in right at the tip of your finger? Have any more pictures?

Dude that sucks. I di the same thing except I just clipped the side of my finger. A few bandages and I was back at it.

IMG953935.jpg

IMG953938.jpg

Luckily I'm right handed and it missed the knuckle and ligaments but it did go through the bone just behind the first knuckle

Edit: love the Monty python reference lmao
In the interest of full disclosure this happened a couple weeks ago but I'm bored out of my mind at work cuz I'm on light duty there's nothing I can do so I thought I'd share my adventure with the rest of the class. Dr said it'll be 3 months before I get full use out of it and 6 months before the bone is "fully healed"

Last edited:
Lol great song!
But yea, those framing nailers are no joke. I'm honestly surprised that 3 1/2" framing nail didn't go farther but I guess bone is a little harder than wood.

I thought about it but I was worried my father in law would have passed out in the process cuz he was the only one there with me. They shot me up with lidocaine in the ER and that helped but it wasn't til they got the IV in me and started pumping morphine that I relaxed enough that the doctor could pull it out.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back