Florida Turkey Hunting

TheWanderer

Wanted to see if anyone on here has any experience with Florida turkey hunting.

As our season winds down here a friend and I would like to start our season early next year and head down to Florida in March. I see that they have a lot of limited quota hunts that you apply for and if you don't draw you receive a preference point creating a process more familiar to those out west. I can see how many permits they allocate per area, but nowhere online are there any draw statistics. They also have "special opportunity" hunts that you can basically buy as many lottery tickets as you want to try to draw.

I called down to their fish and game but got someone in the front office who kind of said we don't track how many points it takes to draw or have statistics available for prior years draw results. Huh?

Seems very non-transparent to me. Anyone know more about this process or have a contact that does?

Would appreciate the chance to learn more about this.

Thanks.

Well I cant tell you for sure but back when I lived there they never kept stats for anything. Try this out for size...search for a deer population estimate lol. Once Turkey season here winds down I'll look over a couple wildlife area regs and pass on the info. There was another member inquiring a few weeks ago

PM me your email address. I have the list. The person you spoke with was wrong.

I'm a little late in this conversation. They don't publish the pref points and drawing results on-line any more. I would assume it can be made available as NoWiser mentions. Very interesting. I'll have to dig.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back