Co unit 66 elk archery

PackInLight

Hey guys, I should draw a unit 66 archery elk tag this year and was wondering if there was anyone on here with first hand experience in the unit. I've talked to the biologist down there who provided some good insight but it would be great to hear from someone who's actually hunted it. I usually bivy hunt but am not opposed to base camping from the truck if that's where the elk are. Any info would appreciated. Please PM. Thanks so much!

Contact Lucas Martin (game warden) and he will give you some starting points. Elk will likely be above 10,500, and you really need access to packstock or be willing to pack a elk 3-5 miles. That’s all I have, and enjoy the area.

Hope you draw. Hunted that tag last year and got lucky first morning so honestly not much experience there. It was a good hunt for what it lasted. Google is your friend, plenty of previous post on here. Good luck this fall.

Hey guys, I have drawn the 66 archery elk tag this year. I was wondering if anyone has more input or am interested to see how PackInLight's hunt went.

publichunter1 did you get a good bull? what kink of animals could a guy have a change to run into up there?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back