home made archery targets

Cool targets. I see the wood frames, but what does the filler or inside consist of? Let us know how they work. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool I want to get a big target to practice out to 100 yards.

any scrap plywood or OSB, 2"X 2", drywall screws, 1 1/2" and 3 1/2", plastic shipping wrap 6 large garbages to fill a 3'x3'x18"----24" box or 4'x4'x18"----24" box and a old thick hay tarp on each side with a thick Costco in front of that on both side. What also works good behind the tarps is old commercial rubber roofing. We have been us thick fertilizer bags cut into squares for backer also.

the last target built I sold, one sheet of 3/4 CDX plywood, 2x2x8, #8 gun nails and 3 inch heavy decking screws for each corner. 1 5/8 gold drywall screws, 1/2 inch CDX plywood cut into 2" strips to go around to tarps and hay tarp backing (behind the costco tarp). Stuff these as full of shrink wrap and boat wraps as they will take, my skinny 14 year son jumps on the plastic to compact it.

I need to make a short video showing how we make these.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I am in need of a new target and not inclined to pay $150 for some high density foam. Might have to try a modified version of yours!

some targets finished, we have been building a lot of targets, a lot of fun with my son.

Attachments

• archery target 50.JPG
    archery target 50.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 157
  • archery target 51.jpg
    archery target 51.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 152
  • archery target 53.JPG
    archery target 53.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 157
  • archery target 54.JPG
    archery target 54.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 158
  • archery target 52.JPG
    archery target 52.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 157
I made my own this spring, a 42 x 42 inch x16 inch deep. I had some old plastic laying around plus some old plastic cheap tarps that I no longer used. Didn't have enough so went to menards and bought some 4 mill plastic in rolls to finish. I might have 80 dollars into it. I shoot victory arrows, the skinny ones @ 300 ft per second and it stops them. I have bought once that didn't stop my arrows.

Back